Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Some “Milestones”

 

Fiona slept in her crib all night last night and the night before. That is not to say she slept through the night, just that after I fed her I put her back in her crib rather than in her bassinet. She sleeps really well in her crib. She woke to be fed at the same time both nights.

DSCN1267

Some other things she’s done recently: Sat up while propped on a pillow.

converted image_038 converted image_040

 converted image_041 converted image_042

Reaching for things more and more and playing with the things that hang over her mat.

She really rolled over. She was on her back, really trying to roll over onto her tummy so I put her on her tummy. She lay there holding up her head and looking around, smiling, then lifted her arms and legs up airplane style, rocked side to side, and rolled onto her back! Then she smiled again. She focused on a grape tomato when I held it up. She can pull herself up when sitting on someone’s lap. Please ignore the inane ramblings of my mother and me:

She puts EVERYTHING in her mouth now. She reaches out, grabs my fingers, and brings them to her mouth. Or she’ll grab my shirt and pull it towards her. When I hand her the rattle, she’ll shake it, then put it in her mouth. Nothing is safe!

And I cannot believe how her clothes are fitting. Clothing that used to be so big it was relegated to the “someday” side of the closet now fits, and stuff that used to be a little loose it too small. I need to clean out more of her clothes that she’ll never wear again because they are too small.

Friday she gets her first Synagis shot. I am NOT looking forward to it, especially after the blood draw last Thursday (everything came back negative, thinking about eating yogurt soon). Luckily John will come with me so her can hold her while I cry in the corner.

No comments:

Post a Comment