Last week was a long and busy one.
First, Fiona’s 6 week growth spurt was in full swing, and she was waking every hour or so to eat, resulting in NO sleep for me. It started when John was sick. By Wednesday morning, I was practically hallucinating. Luckily, she finally settled and by Thursday night, was back to getting some sleep. Three hours never felt so good.
On Thursday I started my first class at UCSB. It was the farthest distance and the longest period of time I’d been away from Fiona since she came home from the hospital. I could not wait to get home to her. On Tuesday I have another class. It’s the start of my PhD journey.
Fiona’s pukiness has been at a minimum this week as well. We didn’t have to do laundry at all. I haven’t been eating any dairy and still experimenting. I think now that it is possible that she is sensitive to strawberries or corn. I noticed that twice she was pukier the day after I ate a peanut butter and jelly sandwich, so I figured it was the peanuts. But then I read the list of ingredients on a granola bar that I eat every day: whole peanuts. She barely spit up all week so it can’t be the peanuts. So what else is in the sandwich? Wheat is an ingredient in the bread, but I ate couscous for dinner and no vomiting occurred. That leaves the strawberries and high fructose corn syrup in the jam. Yesterday I had a few sips of a strawberry smoothie/shake thing and today she has spit up a lot more than she did during the week. So is it the dairy or the strawberries? I sort of hope it’s the strawberries because they are easier to eliminate from my diet than dairy.
Here are some photos.
The new position she likes:
Lying in her crib, on her back, not crying:
Sleeping on John, of course:
She sleeps on me a lot as well, but I don’t take pictures because it is too difficult.
No comments:
Post a Comment