Wednesday, September 8, 2010

She Smiled At Me!

 

We were playing in her room and she smiled in reaction to some silly things I was doing. She did it three or four times in a row! It was so wonderful. Of course it was the one time I didn’t have my camera.

Actually, she’s been sort of smiling  for the last week or so, and reacting favorably when John plays with her nose.

I think today’s smile was a peace offering for the lack of sleep she’s been causing for the last two nights.

Yesterday was especially bad. Not only did I not get much sleep, Fiona was miserable and uncomfortable all day, crying almost constantly when not sleeping for short stretches. I think her tummy was upset because at one point she let out the loudest farts I’ve heard. They echoed off the walls and it was hard to believe they came from her. They sounded like whoopee cushions. She also threw up a lot yesterday, big globby, curdy puke. It was quite a day.

Then, she decided to have her quiet alert time at 4am. She didn’t have any quiet alert time all day, then after she ate and I changed her diaper, she was wide awake. It’s not the she needed a lot of attention for most of it, but even when she is awake she is so grunty, I could not get to sleep. Then she became needy. At 5am, I decided enough was enough and I took into bed with me, where she promptly fell into a deep sleep until 6:30.

Next time she is getting the swing:

No comments:

Post a Comment