Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Faces of Fiona

I’m soooo tired. Fiona has decided to stop sleeping through the night and last night, she was up twice. It’s killing me and I am afraid it is starting to affect my performance at work. I’m dreading classes at UCSB. Last Saturday (September 10), we went to my cousin Kaitlyn’s 11th birthday party. We swam in a very warm pool and ate ice cream cake. I wish my family lived closer so I could see them more.

Here is Kaitlyn on her birthday and a picture of her delicious chocolate and peanut butter ice cream cake:

DSCN0651

DSCN0650

Yes, she is 11 years old and almost as tall as I am:

DSCN0652

Here are some recent photos of Fiona:

DSC_1007 DSC_1008

DSC_1009 DSC_1010

She was playing in the dirt and handed some of it to me. Thank you Fiona!

She examined her hands and pieces of bark mulch. Then a big yawn. Yeah, I’m tired too kiddo.

DSC_1011 DSC_1013

DSC_1014 DSC_1015

DSC_1016 DSC_1021

I know these two are dark, but I wanted to add them anyway:

DSC_1022 DSC_1023

Last, John’s wrist swelled on Saturday and started hurting. We didn’t have a splint so we improvised:

DSCN0657 DSCN0658

What you are seeing, besides John’s chest, is a ruler affixed to his arm using climbing tape. Hey, it worked. Wasn’t very comfortable to cuddle though. Good thing my parents had a wrist splint that they were able to lend us, the ruler was really pointy.

1 comment:

  1. very cute portraits! You could make a photo collage of a series of them to frame.

    ReplyDelete