After weeks of begging and pleading, I finally convinced John to get a real Christmas tree. I figure if we are going to have one, it should be real. We went to a tree “farm” (read: a lot with trees on it) and selected a nice five feet tall Grand Fir.
John played basketball and Fiona slept during the excursion.
We put the tree on the roof of the car:
It was raining. It rained pretty heavily for a week. The tree looks so small in this photo. Fiona continued to sleep. It was the longest she’s ever slept in her seat.
Here it is in our house, before decorations:
Here is the after:
With presents underneath:
John’s idea of putting candy canes on:
Note the plastic bag that the cane in wrapped in.
Fiona in front of, and sort of under, the tree:
Inching her way closer:
And when I say inching, I mean that she is trying to crawl. She has not been successful yet, but she gets up on her knees and pushes forward. Sometimes, she gets up on her feet. If the surface is too smooth, she slides backward. She gets frustrated, but works on it every day.
The big box is not for her, it’s for John. Her gifts are to the right. There is a present from her Aunt Cathy and one from John. I am making some puppets to put in her stocking. I’ll take photos when I finish. It’s really exciting to have holidays with a baby. I can’t wait until she is older. We can light Chanukah candles and make Christmas cookies, Hamentaschen, color eggs, eat apples in honey, and more! I never really cared for holidays, but now I am looking forward to them!
No comments:
Post a Comment