Friday, April 1, 2016

February 2016

It’s almost the end of March, so time for an update on February. I don’t even remember February, so I am going to try to describe whatever might have been happening when I took the pictures.

There were some nice sunsets:

20160129_172910 20160129_173243 20160129_173246

We went to the park:

20160204_125810 

Victoria can climb the steep stairs at the park, as well as the little climbing wall/ladder part of the play structure at my parents house. She climbs on her chair and was using it to get at some things that we thought we put out of reach, but she found a way. She gets into everything these days.

I got a haircut at some point:

20160206_123522

Fiona wrote a song in music class (the one on the bottom):

20160208_160637

She wrote two more songs, with words, the following week, but I do not have pictures. She can now play some of the songs with both hands at the same time (left hand plays chords while right hand plays melody or whatever it is called).

Fiona wrote us Valentine’s Day notes:

DSC00138 DSC00137 

I took Fiona to renew her passport. We were bored, so she showed me her three smiles:

20160219_123159 20160219_12320820160219_123213 

I could look at that face forever:

20160219_123208-1 

Fiona painted a plaque to put in the garden at the temple:

20160219_180209 20160219_18021420160219_180302 20160219_18031020160219_180347 20160219_180354

We were visited by dinosaurs at a dinosaur show, I think:

20160220_105728 20160220_105731 20160220_105734

It might have been a different show.

A little bird was sitting under the sage bush one morning:

20160221_091802 20160221_091758

Fiona lost her first tooth:

20160226_144655

It was very loose. She was eating an apple, took a bite, and looked up with a strange look on her face. She had blood in her mouth and some bits. One of the bits was here tooth. We rinsed out her mouth and washed the tooth, then put it in a bag under her pillow. The Tooth Fairy left her a shiny new quarter. She put it in her piggy bank.

I guess it was warm because we went to the beach:

20160207_151704 20160207_151709

DSC00091 DSC00093DSC00092 DSC00094DSC00095 DSC00097DSC00098 DSC00101DSC00102 DSC00103DSC00104 DSC00105DSC00106 DSC00107

El Nino turned into El No-Show, so we spent a lot of time outside, decorating the concrete with chalk:

DSC00108 DSC00109 DSC00111 DSC00113DSC00114 DSC00115DSC00116 DSC00117DSC00118 DSC00119DSC00120 DSC00121DSC00122 DSC00123DSC00124 DSC00125DSC00126 DSC00129

Victoria LOVES playing with in the planter:

DSC00110 DSC00112 

Some sort of shananigans happened:

DSC00130 DSC00131

Fiona practiced riding her bicycle without training wheels:

DSC00132 DSC00133DSC00134 

Victoria likes to run around in nothing but her towel:

DSC00136 DSC00146

We went to the zoo:

DSC00143 DSC00144

I’d like to contrast these two photos, taken 5 years apart:

Fiona 346 DSC00142 

I think Fiona took this picture:

Fiona 347 

Victoria likes sitting under this chair:

DSC00151 DSC00152

She has all sorts of nooks and crannies she likes to play in.

I spent a night away, with my mom, at the Ojai Valley Inn and Spa:

DSC00153 DSC00154DSC00155 DSC00156

It was heavenly.

DSC00157 DSC00158DSC00159 

It’s the middle of winter, let’s make lemonade!

DSC00160

Fiona likes it when John does fun things with her breakfast, like make smiley faces, or when she bites into her food and it looks like a letter of the alphabet or an animal. She asks me to take photos, so I do:

IMG_6906 IMG_6909

Life:

IMG_6910 IMG_6921

DSC00085 DSC00086DSC00087

I love it when my girls read:

IMG_6927 IMG_6928IMG_6929 

DSC00089 DSC00090

(March update, even though this is the February post) On the Victoria front, she is just getting cuter and cuter. She thinks she can read and holds up books, making sounds. She is saying some words besides “mama” and “dada”, can climb, sings all the time, laughs, makes us laugh. She has so many teeth! 13 of them, all the front teeth, all her first molars, and a canine. She eats a lot, loves vegetables and fruit (especially broccoli and strawberries), but is definitely forming preferences. Sometimes she sleeps through the night, sometimes she doesn’t. She is just sooo cute and so fun! She dances, turns on the radio for music (or off when she’s finished), climbs everything, gets into everything, likes digging in the dirt, going for walks, can almost put on her own shoes, loves to wear hats. There is so much that she does that reminds me of an older baby, but then she flashes her dimpled smile and her sparkling eyes and she’s my little tiny baby again. Before Victoria, I never knew how much my heart could grow.

Fiona is currently sleeping at my mom’s house. If she really stays there all night it will be a first: First time sleeping there, first time sleeping away from home (since her birth). It will be a huge milestone! Her last two six-year molars came in and the tooth she lost is growing in. Sigh, my little girl is growing up.

March is already going by in a blur, I am going to try to update sooner than the end of April. Hopefully I won’t forget everything by then.

Happy Spring!

No comments:

Post a Comment