It was a success! Fiona didn’t cry at all and I only stayed a few minutes. When it was obvious that she didn’t really need me, I told her I was leaving and asked for a hug and kiss, which she gave me, then I said “say bye bye to Mommy” and she said “bye bye Mommy” and that was that. I waved as I walked out the door and left. I was told that she didn’t cry at all and that none of the other kids cried either. She ate all the snack they provided and even made art:
She played with play dough, the play kitchen, and got a star sticker on one hand and a pony on the other. Her teachers told me that she followed directions really well and lined up on the little feet to go outside. When it was story time, she sat right down and even wanted to help turn the pages of the book.
All in all she had a great day at school and I hope she continues to enjoy it. I also think that the MyGym classes have helped with the direction following.
In the morning, before we left the house, we played with play dough at home:
After school, trying to put on pants:
She succeeds most of the time, but sometimes it takes a few tries.
“Hiding” from Grandma:
It was good day and I think Fi had a lot of fun. Tomorrow is my last Friday at MyGym with Fi. I will be at work most of next week and the official first day of school is September 4, the day after labor day. It’s a week later than usual, but at least I get this week with her, and maybe a day next week. It makes me sad, but at the same time, I’m happy she has preschool now to take up her time. John is having a little bit of a hard time with her going to school. He will be the one dropping her off and my mom will be picking her up, so I will almost never go to the school after this week. Now I am sad too. I’m going to look at Fiona in the video monitor now.
Have a great weekend!
No comments:
Post a Comment