First, the trickster Fi: In my last post I mentioned that Fiona had a good night’s sleep. On Monday night it was even better. We’ve been inching her bedtime up slowly, so now she’s in bed by 7:15. She slept from 7:15pm until 4:15am! That’s nine hours in a row of sleep! The most she’s ever had. Of course last night she was back to 11pm and 3am feedings, but hopefully soon she’ll give us a repeat of Monday. It seems like she only does stuff like that when one or both of us has to get up early. In this case it was John, who overslept a little because he uses Fiona as an alarm clock (she wakes up between 5 and 6).
Today was a rainy day and Fiona and I stayed home alone all day. I didn’t even change out of my pajamas. We played together a lot and even baked chocolate chip cookies. I only made about half the cookies and froze the rest of the dough for later use. Fiona is squarely on three solids a day. Today’s extra solid was carrots that I mushed using a mouli. I had to add some milk because they were really thick and unseasoned. She ate them all up. She is also getting some dessert now after her Lovely Lentils dinner – full fat Greek yogurt with pear. I am going to cook some blueberries to put in the yogurt as well, because she definitely is not a fan of plain, cold yogurt (very unlike her mommy who loves plain Greek yogurt).
Here are some photos from the day. I think they might be a little fuzzy if you enlarge them, but should be in focus if they stay small.
Fiona eating a banana. She doesn’t actually like banana (anymore) but I eat them and I think she wants to imitate me, so she holds the banana and puts it in her mouth and sort of chews on it. The second photo shows what she really thinks of it:
One of her new favorite toys is a cereal box:
Just sitting there:
Seconds before she was trying to chew on that sun mirror that is handing just to the left of her head. She saw her reflection, stared at it, then she tried to chew on it. She chews on everything, including my watch and occasionally my leg.
If you have ever been to a laundromat, you know that once in while, you find someone else’s sock or shirt in your wash when you get home. This is what I found in my basket after I emptied out the drier:
I think I’ll keep it!
Fiona found the magazine basket. She is very partial to People StyleWatch:
The mess she left after she was finished playing:
Hanging out while I clean up after cookie making. I made the cookies while holding her on my hip. I used my KitchenAide upright mixer that John bought me last year. It enabled me to make the dough with one hand because it did all the mixing. It also took a lot less time than mixing by hand. And I learned that I can crack eggs with one hand and not get shell into my batter (a first for me):
The rain:
Today I saw her take two objects and clap them together. John says she’s been doing it for days now, but it was the first time I saw it.
Yesterday Fiona and I went to both the library and the book store. You see, I ordered a book from Amazon.com because my local library cannot find it anywhere in the county system (the had many copies, all have disappeared). The book arrived very quickly, except it wasn’t the book I ordered. I wanted Black Like Me by John Howard Griffin and instead got Lewis Black’s Me of Little Faith. These two books are not even close to being in the same genre. The bookseller was very apologetic and refunded my money, but it meant buying the book somewhere else. While I was in the bookstore, I picked up more books for Fiona. I got Mr. Brown Can Moo, Can You? and Hop on Pop by Dr. Seuss, The Very Grouchy Ladybug and The Mixed Up Chameleon by Eric Carle, and a set of books that have photos of various animals with little patches of “fur” intended for feeling more than reading. Fiona couldn’t wait to get her hands on one of the books. Here is what she did to it in the car:
Yes, she tried to eat it.
Silly Fi!
UPDATE: She’s woken up twice since I started writing this entry. Every hour! Oh Fi, please sleep! The bags under mommy’s eyes are carrying their own purses.
No comments:
Post a Comment