Today John and I ran in my first post-baby race. It was a 5k. We didn’t train as much as we should have; I ran once or twice a week and John didn’t really run at all, but I’m proud to say that I did not walk at all and my pace was about 10 minutes per mile. We ran with my friend Nicole and her husband Chris, who had a baby a week before Fiona was born. I realize my pace was much slower than pre-baby, but I don’t care. It’s a good starting point and it was a longer distance than I’ve run in the last year and a half.
The morning started very cold and I was wearing two jackets at the start of the race. By the time I finished, both were around my waist. When we came home, it was nice a warm, so I took Fiona out to the back yard while John took a shower:
And look who was sitting up on her own?
Eating her hat:
Trying to eat my face:
Hanging out in the sun, considering what toys to play with and which way to turn:
“Why are you making me pose for yet another photo? How many do you need?”
Another cute hat she has:
I’ve been going through her closet and dresser drawers because she is starting to outgrow clothing again. Sometimes I find things, like the hats in the photos above (given by John’s family in Canada) that I put away thinking they would be too big forever. Now, the floppy hat fits really well and the knit hat is still too big, but not ridiculously so.
I’d say she’s grown:
That outfit used to reach to her feet. Now it’s capri length at best, if not short.
Here we are on Friday at moms’s group meet-up. What a gorgeous day. Sunny, warm with a slight breeze, clear views all the way out to the islands. This park was right next to the ocean and it was not foggy or freezing:
Here is Fiona’s friend Ryder. She definitely started a trend with the hat and sunglasses:
(photo from previous weekend, but you get the idea)
And finally, she is sitting up in the bath, but I do not want to post the cutest photos I took tonight in case a random pedophile winds up reading my blog. I know the chances are remote, but nonetheless.
Suffice it to say, in the case of Fiona versus the turtle, we can now conclude that Fiona won:
PS these are highly cropped.
No comments:
Post a Comment