Eating her first solids:
Fiona and I pureed the butternut squash I froze earlier this year.
Fiona helping to make the puree:
I think she liked it. I tried to feed her a little more after I turned off the camera. She opened her mouth to try, didn’t cry or push it away. She didn’t spit it out. She basically did exactly what Fiona did when she first tried solid food.
Here she is the next day (Saturday) with John feeding her:
She ate a lot more when John fed her. Opened her mouth wide each time, didn’t spit it out and didn’t make a big mess. Very dainty, just like her sister. After, I nursed her a whole bunch. I’m going to give her a little bit each day, then sometime next week I’ll give her something else, maybe yam or sweet potato. I re-read some old blog entries on what I fed Fiona, but unfortunately, they are missing some details, such as how long I waited to introduce each new food, how much I fed her at each feeding, how many times a day I fed, what times of day I fed her, and on and on. I thought I kept careful records, but now that I have another child, I feel like I didn’t record a lot of the important technical details of all of our happenings. I mostly talked about my feelings and her behaviors (this is something I noticed when trying to figure out other things as well). Not as helpful as I would like. Good thing we are seeing the pediatrician on Monday so I can ask him all of my questions.
Here is a photo of Victoria smiling at Fiona (Fiona is off camera):
I wanted Victoria to smile, so Fiona started talking to her. Every time Fiona talks to Victoria, she smiles or laughs. At one point today, while I was re-organizing Fiona’s closet, I suddenly heard loud chortling. I turned to see Fiona holding up two frog puppets that her Aunt Cathy sent her, performing a little show for Victoria. Victoria was giggling hysterically. I really hope this continues as they age, that they can amuse each other and make each other smile. It’s sooooo cute and heartwarming.
Here is a video of Victoria rolling and reaching for something:
She has a sorter she likes. She knows there are shapes in it and whenever it is in her line of sight, she will wiggle and roll until she gets to it then opens it up to get at the shapes inside. The blue cylinder in the video is one of the shapes.
Here is a photo of Fiona at her class picnic today, decked out in head-to-toe Frozen wear, courtesy of one of her friends:
Last, Fiona called me outside today, very excitedly, to show me bees inside a zucchini flower. I took a picture (or two):
I can’t believe preschool is almost over for Fiona. Only three more days.
No comments:
Post a Comment