John joined us for Fiona’s last swimming lesson, allowing me to sit out and take pictures:
Today Fi and several of her little friends got to do rings in the deep end of the pool. Janette the instructor dove down with them because the pool is eight feet deep at this end.
Fi had no problems (none of the kids did) and is great at holding her breath.
Here is Fi, inching along the wall:
Fi likes to jump into the pool:
I got her some new bathing suits because her old one is getting really stretched out. Her new favorite is the striped one, that we forgot at Janette’s and will pick up on Monday:
At this point, I would say that Fi is definitely a water baby. I signed her up for another two weeks, in the afternoons this time because she starts preschool again next week. She’s made such amazing progress in the just a short time and I don’t want to lose that momentum. Plus, she seems to really love swimming and she has been so happy and well behaved lately, I can’t help but think that swimming has something to do with it.
Speaking of swimming, I love it and went to the pool today with my dad. While I was there, Fi was at my parents’ house, helping my mom make Matza balls:
My mom gave her an apron and let her stir. Fi told me all about it at home. She also declared that she was “chlorine-y”, which is true. She let me wash her hair again tonight, but only because she was able to wear goggles in the bathtub.
Well, that’s all for today. We went to the farmer's market to get some eggs and I realized that I don’t need to buy any produce other than fruit because I got two more zucchinis today, more green beans, a yellow squash, and we still have pounds and pounds of tomatoes. The lettuce is making a comeback and there are more eggplants. If only it was cold enough to reliably grow broccoli and legal to grow yams, we’d be set.
Have a great weekend!
No comments:
Post a Comment