Saturday, May 5, 2012

What the Heck Do They Do All Day?!?

Here is an update on what we’ve been doing lately. The title is taken from a thought I’ve had several times in the last 24 hours. You see, my mother was sitting in a chair, complaining of being in pain (her back hurt). Fiona ran off to her room, then came running back and insisted that my mom get up.

“Uppy!” She said. “Up please.”

And then took my mother by the hand and pulled her up out of the chair, dragging my mother to her room.

There, it was discovered that Fiona put pillow on the floor. She pulled my mother to the ground and made her lie down, then got on her back and “massaged” her as best an almost two year old can.

Witness exhibits A through G:

IMG_0333 IMG_0335

 IMG_0336 IMG_0339

IMG_0337  

I asked my mother what it is exactly that they do all day while I am at work, that Fiona knows to get a pillow and massage the back.

But then, today, John was lying on the floor of Fiona’s room and she took a pillow from her window seat, handed it to him, got another one, and joined him:

IMG_0351 IMG_0352

She thought it was funny. I was left scratching my head, wondering why this is all so routine for my child. When we are home together, we don’t lie on the floor. We play outside, we go for walks, we go to the park, or berry picking, or to the beach, or we visit friends.

Apparently, even Wrinkly (whom Fiona called Doggie) is used to this:

IMG_0340 IMG_0341

IMG_0342

She put him there herself. I think I need to train her to fetch me tea or something else useful, like letting me lie on the couch with my eyes closed for half an hour each day. I guess I will have to settle for her readying the potty for me when I have to go, and handing me toilet paper when I am finished.

Such is life.

No comments:

Post a Comment