Saturday, December 17, 2011

Our Latest Adventures

A couple of weeks ago we discovered that Fiona really likes running up and down hill. We took her to a park where her favorite thing was just to run up and down an embankment.

Friday afternoon I went for a run at the beach with my friend Nicole. After the run we took the kids to play in the sand. It happened to be low tide and there were some interesting tide pools. We saw a crab, and some shrimp, sea stars, sea cucumbers, and lots of anemones. Fiona and her friend Caz had a blast running around in the shallow water, pulling on the poor mussels who make the rocks their homes, and poking the anemones to make them squirt and close up. All in all, it was a perfectly wonderful afternoon.

Here are some photos of the afternoon:

DSCN0872 DSCN0873

DSCN0874 DSCN0881

DSCN0876 DSCN0878

DSCN0879 DSCN0880 

DSCN0883 DSCN0882

DSCN0884 DSCN0885

DSCN0886 DSCN0887

DSCN0888 DSCN0889

DSCN0890 DSCN0891

Fiona’s pants at the end of the afternoon:

DSCN0892

She ate a great dinner that night and slept really well.

Saturday we decided to take her on a little hike. We went to a place along the coast where we used to go running. Fiona had a fabulous time picking up rocks and throwing them back down again.

She marched uphill like a trooper and even climbed some stairs along the trail:

DSCN0897 DSCN0898

DSCN0901 DSCN0902

DSCN0904 DSCN0905

 

At one point, we lost a shoe:

DSCN0903 DSCN0907

DSCN0909 DSCN0910

Water break:

DSCN0911

DSCN0914 DSCN0916

We saw green birds that look like parrots:

DSCN0918

The only drawback to the day, the free parking we used to take advantage of is gone due to rock fall. This little baby cost us $12 (insert expletive):DSCN0919

Darn budget cuts.

I mentioned in my last post that I was off to address holiday cards. I am almost finished. I have 50 cards. I started with the first page of my address book and went through letter by letter. Next year I think I will pay the extra money to have them pre-addressed by Shutterfly.

No comments:

Post a Comment